When the world is struggling to catch up with the speed of technology, there are those that embrace ancient farm equipment for a very good reason. While it is agreeable that not all farm equipment that were made before the 1930s that are embraced by many, a reel mower stands out to be different. What is a reel mower? What is the different with the modern lawn mower? Are there advantages of using the best reel mower? How does it work? These are important and noble concerns that are worthy a candid review of the best reel mower.
What Is A Reel Mower?
The real mower has its roots in England that goes back to 1830s. The purpose of introducing this equipment was to implement the best and faster way to mow grass. Indeed it is faster as compared with the ordinary slasher. But you will be surprised that they were specifically designed to tend or mow golf pitches not compounds. With its introduction, the golf fields looked amazingly smooth. Afterwards though, many homes started purchasing them in order to keep their yards off tall grass.
How Does A Reel Mower Work?
A reel mower contains many blades that are fixed to the central part called the shaft. The smallest has 3 blades. High quality reel mowers can have up to 10 speed driven blades. The blades have a shearing surface. The cutting takes place when you push the mower forward allowing the blades to rotate as they clear the grass ahead of them. However best reel mower can be, blades wear out or get blunt prompting them to undergo sharpening. This is normal to any farm input of this kind. So, periodically you need to sharpen your reel mower for better results.
What Is The Different Between The Reel Mower And The Modern Lawn Mower?
• The major difference is that the modern lawn mowers use power. By that I mean that without battery, fuel or power (electricity) they cannot perform any duty.
• In terms of efficiency, the reel mower is perfect. In fact as said in our opening paragraph, that is one of the main reasons why many people are opting for this ancient machine.
• It is also small as compared to the modern sophisticated machine that is more of a car.
• Besides, it occupies a smaller space for storage. The modern lawn mowers especially the battery-powered mowers require a garage.
• Modern lawn mowers require technical skills like how to power, jump start in case the battery fails or even driving it. The other one does not need all these.
• Maintenance of the two mowers differs greatly with the reel mower requiring little attention but the electric and battery-powered lawn mowers demanding total expertise in case they develop a problem.
Having looked at the differences between the reel mower and the modern mowers, you may ask, what then? You are likely to learn that even if they were manufactured so many years even centuries ago, there still exist brands that are worthy your consideration.
Which Is The Best Reel Mower? Scotts 20 inch classic push reel mower has top quality (reviews)
Here Are Few Recommendations:
• Fiskars Momentum Reel Mower
• Scotts Classic Reel Mower
• Mascot I8 Inch 6 Blade Reel Mower
• Brill Razorcut 3 8 Mower
Try these types and you will never regret that you got the best reel mower.